Sep 6, 2009

I'm a push what?

I’m feeling a bit under the weather. I think I may have a cold; so I’m sitting here listening to music and drinking some tea (not the “real” tea how those Brits make theirs, just a tea bag and hot water).

What makes someone a pushover? For awhile now someone brought it to my attention that I myself am a pushover. My immediate reaction was pfftt whatever and just told them I’m just a nice person. Then today while I was eating my chik-fil-a chicken sandwich, it dawned on me that I am a pushover.

I am the type of person that will go out of my reach, arms and limbs to please or help someone in need. If someone asks for something, I try my best to fulfill their wants. That brings up my next question; where is the boundary of being nice and actually being taken advantage of? My sister always says something along the times “Oh they‘re not your real friends, they just use you and take advantage of you. You’re such a pushover.”.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just my personality. I just don’t like saying no to someone and then of them to think of me badly. But wait, am I not contradicting myself? As I stated in my previous blog saying that I don’t care what people think of me. If I don’t care what people think of me, then why am I so afraid to say no?

Oh there is this bug trap thing at my house. I came home for Labor day and I see this massive roach stuck on there. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment