Mar 25, 2010

Exhibition


So yesterday night was the opening of the show for the student art competition. It started of with food and refreshment outside while people viewed artwork in the gallery. I was pretty excited to see everyone's work that they submit. There were definitely a wide variety of mediums at the show ranging from photography to 4D work.

My book was among other designer's work on a pedestal since it was a book, they even had white gloves out for people to wear to look through the books! lol. As far as the design category, none of my classmates entered, or at least make it into the show, most of the design work was from upperclassmen.

So halfway through the showing, they announced the awards; this year, they gave out awards, totaling of $8,000! Name after name, people were going up to receive their award, and I was just happy for those recipients. Then they called out "through six different lens, by Simon..." and I just was ecstatic. In some ways I knew I was going to win something but something in the back of my head kept saying don't get ahead of yourself. I was shock to have won something out of so many talented artist. I know this isn't a huge deal to brag or anything but it gave me a confident booster that I can pass portfolio review at the end of this semester.

My friends kept saying that I need to have more confidence and maybe it's true... or I'm just really modest.

Oh yeah, my award was $100 :)

6 comments:

  1. yaay so proud of you! totally deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE congratulations

    your book was quite creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH YES!!!
    GENUINELY HAPPY FOR YOU.

    BIG BIG CONGRATS.

    Good job!

    So yeah - believe every once in a while that you can take over the world ;)

    Everytime I read my resume, I feel like I can take over a small country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to comment again and CONGRATUMALATIONS!

    ReplyDelete