Sep 11, 2008

I will never forget

It was this day that I was in 7th grade 2nd period geography class. 9am rolls along and we are interrupted by our principal to turn on the tv to watch the news.

All I hear are frantic news anchors bustling around trying to get the latest news.

Then one news lady announced that one airplane has struck one of the twin towers in New York. They panned over to the live video of one of the buildings on fire. Then soon after I see an airplane coming toward the south tower. The plane ran into the second building cause a huge explosion. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought to myself it may have been an accident, but nothing can be an accident if two airplanes crash into buildings.

The bell rang to switch to 3rd period. We did nothing in that class except watch the news. Then they announced that the pentagon has been struck. Soon after a plane was headed toward the White House, but was taken over by passengers and crashed in the middle of Pennsylvania.

The day after 9/11, the sun shined bright outside and as birds flew over the skies, however it was a gloomy day for citizens. People mourning for lost ones, searching and calling if their friends or family was alive, and other heart breaking things.

It has been 7 years and still, we have yet to finish rebuilding. It's a slow progress, but I think we will complete that task.

I will never forget this day. And my heart goes out to everyone who has lost their loved ones during 9/11. We must stand tall. We must be united, just like our country's name, the United States of America.

3 comments:

  1. i had just moved house, the news came on at 5am and my parents woke me up...that's when it all happened

    lest we forget <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been 7 years.

    We hear about so many disasters and tragic things in history classes like World Wars, Civil wars but I still find it so unbelievable that had one happen in our time.

    Just remembering the day makes me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie:
    dang they woke you up at 5am?! haha. do you have any relatives in the states?

    Garbo:
    yeah, it seems just like yesterday. its crazy.

    ReplyDelete