Nov 6, 2008

Mister President

So as you all might know, Barack Obama is the new president of the United States of America.

As the night progressed on November 4, 2008, citizens were anxiously and nervously waiting on the results to come in. And after the results from California, Washington, and Oregon trailed in, it was official. This country, the greatest nation on earth announced the first African American president in US history- Barack Obama.

It was a historical night, historical. As he was giving his speech ever so eloquently, I almost teared up.

However, I live in a republican state, which had tons of McCain supporters. And once McCain lost, do you know what I realize? McCain supports are full on sore losers and extremely disrespectful. I've heard everything from people calling him the Anti-Christ to people thinking he will get assassinated. Seriously? I mean really? Grow up people. We live in the 21st century and it still blows my mind that there are ignorant racists douches out there. We are 1 nation, and no matter who the president is, we should come closer and unite as one under these tough times.

Obama just has a full plate in front of him. He has to deal with immense problems; the war, economical issues, tax cuts, spending, education, health care, etc. Though he might not get everything fixed, I believe he will do his best.

So stop hating, chill out, sit back, and wait.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Simon!

    I'm sorry that I stumbled upon your blog which I believe is probably private in this case...but I had to comment on this blog.

    I believe Obama can manage to get through the next four years as President. Although he isn't perfect like everyone else, including us, I'm sure he'll do what he can to bring this nation forward to a much brighter future. His speech definitely moved me because I know the words he said are coming straight from the heart.

    Change is really happening, and some people have to stop being ignorant and get over themeselves. November 4 will always be the day history made its mark.

    Btw, this is 'abbysayswhat' from blogtv. I just happen to found you through Garbo's blog :]

    ReplyDelete