Jan 17, 2009

A bit pissed and Poem 1

So I've been sitting here in front of my computer screen trying to figure out what the hell I'm suppose to do for this damn project. I'm pissed off because the professor graduate student is not clear with her explanations. This is due Tuesday in which I have to give a 7 minute presentation. What the hell? Who stands in front of the class and talk 7 minutes nonstop just over our brainstorming ideas?

Any who, it snowed a bit today. Here is a picture. But sadly, it stopped snowing within 20 minutes.

Oh yeah, I'm taking poetry right? Well I think I will really enjoy that class. Our first poem is due Tuesday. It has to concentrate on image and the senses. Tell me what you think of mine

"That Saturday"

I awake to the scorching, hot sun
that Saturday afternoon. I pull up
the dusty, tapered blinds from my window
to see my neighbor watering her garden,
and my dad mowing the lawn.
Ever so gently I crack open the window.
The aroma of fresh cut, green grass
seeps in as if a student attempts to
sneak into a class he is late for.
My nostrils big and flared, I
get up to pour myself a glass of orange juice.

3 comments:

  1. Pssh.
    THOSE kinds of professors eh?

    I'm sure you'll pull through okay Sie.
    Imagine if life was like YouTube and we could edit what we say and you could just jump cut everything in your presentation hahaa.

    Poems sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie & Ralphie:
    Thanks!

    Garbo:
    Yes, those professors. Wait she isn't even a professor, shes a graduate student teaching. -_- Oh man, if life was like youtube, I'd freaking love it. (minus the sub4subs and YOURGAY comments)

    ReplyDelete