High school, oh high school. A place where testosterone filled boys wanting to get into a cheerleader's pants. Home of the jocks, preps, nerds, geeks, bandy's, emos, and goths. The place were going to a party, underage drinking, and uploading photos on facebook of you holding a beer can is cool. Where the football players pretty much had everything handed down to them. The infamous lunch room cliques. A place where you would rather skip school than go to a pep rally. The list goes on.
I hated high school. I was social awkward, which I still am.
I tried so hard to impress others, fit in, to be known. What was it for? Why did it matter? I probably known as "the quite/shy Asian" and whenever you are known for something, it's hard for you to break out of that title.
Person 1- :Looking at the school newspaper and comes across my name: "Oh who's this guy? Does he even go to our school?"
Person 2- "I think so; he's that quite Asian dude"
Person 1- "Ohhh! I know who he is now. I think I cheated off of him once."
As I look back and think about the things I've done, it makes me laugh. It all doesn't matter in the end. We all know the jocks and preps all drop out of college, work at a place paying minimum wage, and pregnant. While the successful nerds actually become successful. I know it all isn't true but I like to think so.
So to those who are stressing about high school, don't worry about it. It won't matter one bit once you graduate. I know, I've been there and done that.

that sketch is really awesome simon! =D and guess what? i hated high school too. i wasn't quite one of the important, known people there. but glad things get better.. to top it off, you become better than most of those people. ^_^
ReplyDeleteomg i want that jacket you sketched haha!
ReplyDeleteeh high school is alright where i am - i keep to myself and my group of friends i guess, and its all girls so less testosterone, more bitchy :D
Kits: Thanks! It all turns around after highschool.
ReplyDeleteRalphie:
Thanks! Oh I have tons, I'm trying to fill up my sketch book because I have to have more than half full.
Man, my school was pretty big I guess. Around 2,000 kids. I'm sure it would be a lot different if you did live in the states
Sophie:
Maybe one day it will be produced haha! You're almost done!