In elementary school, I remember going on a field trip to the park and having activities in celebrating the special occasion. Now, travel forward about 10 years, now, it's not the same. Sure, everything is getting "green", cars, food, electronics, etc. But that day carefree day seems to be over. Everyone seems to be in a rush, not taking in the appreciation mother nature. As global warming and the whole environmental issue increases, I'd like to see what happens in ten years from now. If we keep treating the earth the way we do now, I won't be surprised if animals, pants, and other things become extinct.
I understand it's hard. I kind of feel like a hypocrite writing this because I never recycle, nor think about conserving energy. This day has made me realize that whatever effort us humans put in into saving our planet is what becomes the outcome. If we treat the world with minimalistic care and value, then that's what the earth is going to become. If we put care and really put in our elbow grease, then that effort will show. It's all in our hands.
So because of that, I decided to not to turn on the lights in my room. The switch plate in my room always had this thing painted on, "flip it off" in effort to make our campus more green. I never paid attention to that and disregarded that saying. However, from here on out, I will try to conserve the energy as much as I can. Remember, FLIP IT OFF.

No comments:
Post a Comment