Apr 1, 2009

How hard is Japanese?

Currently playing on pandora:
Jenny Owens Young - Drinking song

Today was a pretty alright day. The usual, I skipped my computer science class (which is a pointless lecture and the things he talks about has nothing related to the test or has to do with the lab). I promised myself that I would go to that class this Thursday.

So I am signing up for classes for my fall 09 classes. My schedule already looks pretty packed. Starting my lower graphic design classes and that school year (semester of spring 10) will determine my further education in pursuing graphic design since I have to pass the portfolio review. Along with that class, I am taking environmental science, art history, painting, and beginning Japanese.

Oh goodness, since I decided not continue Spanish after high school, I decided to pick up a new language, plus it's a requirement. From what I researched online I found mixed reviews to how hard Japanese actually is. I mean all language is difficult, whether you make the effort or not is what makes it hard/easy. I was thinking about taking Mandarin, but decided not to because they meet everyday m-f and the professor had pretty bad reviews (plus it's frikkin hard). Since beginning/elementary language courses doesn't count toward the requirements, I have to take 2 elementary classes then go into 2 intermediate (which counts). From what I heard the writing and reading is what gets people because of the use of 3 alphabets, hiragana, katakana, and kanji. Blah whatever; Soph what are your thoughts?


Filling up my sketch book, I'm halfway there!


I think I made this too easy, see if you can see what it says.

3 comments:

  1. i love jap :D its a lot easier than european languages from what i've experienced/heard

    european languages have genders for everything - tables, chairs etc O.O

    the 3 alphabets aren't hard at all :) hiragana and katakana are practically 2nd nature to me, and it only takes a few weeks...kanji is literally tranditional chinese characters so i guess that's a bitch to remember :S but speaking and understanding japanese is a lot easier than other languages...granted, i've learnt mandarin before so kanji/reading is a tad easier

    i think i just waffled on...bottom line is I RECOMMEND IT LOL

    (..."stop looking at me"?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh Sie I wish you took Mando!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i was gonna comment on how beautiful your artwork is! and that one work of yours, "stop looking at me?" am i right? =D

    ReplyDelete