I want to talk about youtube. Youtube has changed so much in the last couple months. With all these corporations and layout change, it's really hard to get things exposed. It saddens me that youtube went this route. The term community interaction and broadcasting yourself can be now scratched from youtube term. For example, they completely changed the front layout of the site. They changed Featured videos to "Spotlight Videos", then later they removed the "Spotlight Videos", so in terms it is pretty much impossible to get featured. Now what is left on the front page are big corporation tv episode garbage. Sigh.
This brings up my next topic. Youtube Partnership. Now for those of you who are partnered know you get very little money from adsense. I hate the fact people think I actually money from youtube althought I barely make 5 cents a day. And the whole paying thing is so confusing. For every thousand views on videos you get a one cent, and every click you get one cent. Blah. Honestly I made like 50 dollars so far, but hey who am I to complain for that extra change? I envy people who actually can live off of just making videos (whatthebuck).
I want clothes like this.

haaahahaa i make like 5c a week if im lucky...i got $30 from the bushfires thing and that was because i told people to click :P
ReplyDeleteI've been partner for MONTHS now but yeah people think I get paid tonnes which is not true.
ReplyDeleteI'm nearing my 2nd pay cheque at the moment.
I do dislike the change in Youtube.
The community thing is just .. non-existant now.
I'm glad I discovered Youtube around the time of the Kevjumba ustream days because if I hadn't, I never would've discovered all you guys.
AH MAI GASH I CAN FEED YOUR FISH!
ReplyDelete@Sophie
ReplyDeleteWe'll get our first check one day
@Garbo
Atleast you got your first check, I have to get atleast fifty dollars more. Imagine if we all never met each other... scary...
@Ralphie
Do Brits and Aussies call checks, cheques? Haha. What do you mean removed video units?