Jun 14, 2009

I don't care what you think

As I was sitting in the cafeteria at church listening to woman gossip about this and that, I came to a realization that I don't care anymore.

All these years going through the trouble to please others, to fit in, and finding acceptance simply is ridiculous. Why must I act a certain way to have someones respect? If you don't like me, then stop pointing out my flaws and attempting to correct me. I forgot to mention these are church people I'm talking about. They call themselves "Christians", worship deeply, and pray passionately; but as soon as they set foot outside the sanctuary, those characteristics disappear. Is it an act they put on each Sunday? Calling themselves Christian yet they bash, gossip, and criticise someone the moment they have the chance? These are the reason why so many people leave church.

I feel as if I don't belong here. I just want to move back to new york city and live my artsy life. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't care what you think of me. You either like me or you don't.

Aside from my emo post, I found this picture in a children's piano book at church. I find this picture high disturbing, especially in a children's piano book. Either I have a dirty mind, or the artist does.
___________________________

Comments-
Soph: I guess everyone has their own opinions. I understand where your mom is coming from since the whole generation gap.
Ralph: But you can pull it off!
Garbo: Yeah, that's what I learned, it's just a different way of styling. However, guys wearing eyeliner or make up is drawing the line.
Stephen: I can't really tell what that tattoo is.
Marc: Eh, I don't know. I actually don't care, if it's someones thing, than I'm all for it haha.

2 comments:

  1. it seems all gay straight men have this epiphany

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are those kinds of people in every church.
    But the fact that you're aware of it, that these people exist, then I'm not worried because I know that someone is there teaching you this stuff.
    Churches who ignore these issues are in danger.
    Like you said, people leave the church ....

    AHahaha. Loving the porno music slash comment time thing you got going here.

    ReplyDelete