Jun 9, 2009

Guys using straighteners

Hair is one's personality. It is something that distinguishes you. Whether you have short, curly, long, bald, etc it's part of our identity.

So with that said, I want to talk about flat irons, or commonly known as straighteners. For those who don't know what it is, it is usually used by girls to make their hair straight. However, men straightening their hair is becoming a popular norm currently. Many say that boys using flat irons are categories as emo, scene, or gay.

I'll admit, I often use a straightener when I have longer hair (usually when my hair is short, I just use gel and spike it). When I do use a straightener, I don't go overboard and make my whole hair pin straight like this dude:

In fact, I think it looks cool on him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against guys doing that to their hair. I feel like people critique way to much on the outer appearance. Why would it matter if someone had pin-straight hair? I'm just tired of people giving people bad rep for straightening one's hair. Leave them alone.

PS- I have no idea if this post even made sense.

5 comments:

  1. my friends wanted to straighten my hair one day, but now it's all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mum was talking about this about 10 minutes ago..she reckons the whole messyasianstraightened hair look is horrible, but i don't mind it :P i don't like it on that guy though...that's a bit overdone haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'ce accepted the whole guys straightning hair thing now.
    I admit I used to think it was a bit dodge but it's fine now.
    Just another way of styling ... like gel, wax or whatevs.

    But if a guy starts wearing make-up, that ain't cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why cant i follow you!

    can i just saw his left tattoo is BOMBDIGGITY?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's wrong with guys wearing makeup?

    ReplyDelete