Monday was exhausting!
Woke up at 8am and felt really tired due to the one hour loss of daylight savings.
Went to class and sat through 3 hours of design tutorials, it was torture.
After that I came back to my apartment and went to go buy paper to print out the pages for my book.
I went to the UPS store to print out the pages (which cost me $18 for 34 pages).
I then came back to my apartment.
Worked carefully and preciously folding and cutting the paper.
Before you know it, it's 6:30pm and realized that I have to go to class that starts in 15 minutes.
I went to class and had a 3 hour demo on the letterpress.
Class finishes at 9:30pm and I get back to my apartment asap to try to finish the book because the entry due date was today.
I worked on the book and was almost finished.
It was time to assemble the book.
I decided to do a perfect binding, which is gluing the pages.
That was a rough process because the pages didn't stick well and the papers kept rippling.
I found tons of heavy objects to place on top of it to flatten it.
It's 3am and I go to bed.
Overall I'm happy with the results. I hope they just don't man handle the book to the point where the pages fall out. I have to go back to the gallery to see if I passed the first stage so I can go onto the final round. If I do make it pass the 1st stage, my piece will be on display along with the others for a gallery showing and I think that's when they will award the winners. I highly doubt that I'll win, let alone pass the 1st stage and I don't expect to. There were pretty amazing things people were turning in so we'll see Thursday.
Here are some photos I took of the book. The lighting sucks so the photos kinda suck too haha. It's one of those things where you have to physically see it to take full viewing pleasure. These are not all the pages. The book is over 70+ pages I believe and 1cm thick.
*I just want to say thank you so much to Stephen, Rosalind, Ralphie, Sophie, and Garbo to taking your time to photograph things and send them in to me. Thanks for helping me with this project! 143x5
EDIT: Check your emails! I sent you a full pdf of the book.




















AWWW SIMON!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO AWESOME.
It just makes my insides all FUZZY!!!
I turned into a stupid school girl everytime I saw one of my photos! Ahaha!
I really hope you get far and WIN IT SON!
AW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PUT MY DINOSAUR IN! AHAHAH!!!
ReplyDelete<3 HART HART HART!!!
this is so amazing D: i hardly recognised my own photo cos the whole thing looks so professional!!!
ReplyDeletesiiiimon
ReplyDeletemy pix r TERRIBLE! clearly i didnt get the idea. why didnt u tell me sooneR!!
but ur book looks So good