Sep 5, 2008

Grocery Shopping

So today around 6pm-ish I decided to go to Walmart for some grocery shopping and such. You'd be surprised how money cautious you get once you're in college. Every single cents counts and off-brand/generic products become your best friend.

For example: if you were buying soap and one was $3.50 and the other was $3.78, one would easily choose the cheaper one without hesitation. Or, Dr. Pepper vs Walmart's brand, Dr. Thunder- Dr. Thunder wins.

Hopefully you get my point. I didn't even get much stuff and the total was $40. Maybe it was because of all the frozen food I bought, haha.

Oh! So I was ready to check out and I was in the express check out. It finally becomes my turn and I start putting things on the table for the lady to scan it. Soon after the lady nonchalantly says "You know if you put it there I can't reach it?" Fine women, I'll put it closer to you. Then some lady she knew comes up and they start talking for like a minute. Uh hello? Can you hurry up? Seriously who does that?
Then I start to get a little ticked off, so I start just carelessly throwing things on the table. She was finally done and I swiped my card to pay so I can hurry up and leave. She hands me the receipt and says, "Are you not talking today? You haven't said a single word to me." Ugh, fyi I said hello when I got to the register. Secondly, I don't have to say a single word to you old hag. I left giving her an evil look without saying anything. I'm so mean, but sometimes I don't care.

Oh btw, Yiruma always puts me into a relaxed mood. I love his music.

3 comments:

  1. LOL asif the lady tells you to talk to her....ahahaha how odd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever heard of Dr. Thunder?

    &DENG wth's up with that lady, hella lazy and gah, I hate when your at a place and waiting 'cause the worker is talking to whoever and not paying attention to the next person in line. But yeah, fuckin, they need to do their job, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie:
    LOL i know right? crazy people

    Marc:
    Really? It's usually the knock of brand of Dr.Pepper at walmart.
    yeah the lady was crazy. i dislike her very much.

    ReplyDelete