Dec 28, 2009

2009 recap and resolutions

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas, mine was anything but joyful… My enthusiasm for this year's holiday was even less than last year's. The shopping was a chore, loving one another was fake, and we ate same food we eat on a regular basis, it was just like a normal day. Whatever that's not the real reason we celebrate Christmas anyways.

This year is coming to an end and I must say, 2009 was a great year with ups and downs. I'm going to do a top ten recap that were the highlights of the year.

  1. Early 09- I made up my mind that I wanted to pursue my education in art. I began taking foundation art courses and tried to catch up to where I fell behind due to not knowing what to study. I tried making up progress for the lost time, but no matter how much I caught up I'm still gonna graduate a year later than I'm originally suppose to (it's okay because who graduates in 4 years nowadays?)
  2. Learned that I really enjoy being away from my family. I am very independent.
  3. Receiving my first paycheck from google. It was a great feeling.
  4. Summer, California. This was probably one of the best experience I've had and it was amazing meeting real people I've talked to via internet. The trip was definitely an eye opening experience, especially seeing a different lifestyle.
  5. Fall 09- First stage of design classes, learned to think differently and met a lot of art-design students. I worked tremendously hard this semester to pull of my first ever all A's in college.
  6. Converted from a PC to a MAC- it was a pretty big deal.
  7. n/a
  8. n/a
  9. n/a
  10. n/a


Yeah, I kind of ran out of things to say for 7-10, it's either because I don't remember a lot that happened in 2009 or nothing memorable or exciting happened (I'm pretty sure it's the second reason).

Now with that being said, it's time for the new years resolution. To be honest, I never follow or even try to accomplish the things on my list. Maybe at the most I'll try it for the first two months then forget about it.
New years resolution:

  1. Work extremely hard next semester so I can pass portfolio review at the end of spring 2010 semester and get into the competitive design program.
  2. Be a better Christian as in going to church more often, reading the bible, and praying. It's funny how this always ends up on my resolution list.
  3. Worry about myself over stressing about others.
  4. It's a long shot but meet Stephen, Garbo, and Ralphie. HAHA. What are even the chances? I mean I understand Garbs and Ralph being harder since they live across the world but Stephen lives in the same freaking country as I do. I never thought I would meet the people I did in the summer of 09, but it happened. I guess we'll see...

2009 was a good year, I'm excited to see what 2010 will bring.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA

    oh sihmooon

    we'll have a model photoshoot in your apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. meet me toooo! i'll be in the states this time next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen: Yes.

    Soph: Ah really?!! Wooo do you know where you are going to?

    Hmm.. I wonder who left a comment and deleted it.

    ReplyDelete