Jan 3, 2010

Under seasoned dukgook

Hope everyone's New Years was a lot more eventful than mine.

It first consisted of the clock striking 12am- as it did my parents said "Happy New Years" and told me to go to sleep. Speed couple hours ahead, I woke up and went over to my cousin's house to eat lunch; the meal consisted of a lot of banchan and a very tasteless, under seasoned dukgook. But of course me being grateful I just ate the thing without complaining. After lounging for a couple hours we left their house and came home, which resulted in my long nap.

My sister woke up around 5pm-ish and told me to get dressed because we were going out to eat with the family again. I was opposed for us going out to eat since mainly I didn't feel like getting ready and I didn't want to really see the other family. After I got over my tantrum we headed downtown and decided to try this new Mongolian style restaurant.


The restaurant was cool and the food was alright meaning it wasn't amazing. It was pretty much a self serve place in which you grab a bowl and create your own dish by putting in your meat, veggies, and sauce then you take it to the counter to get the chef to cook it.

Lastly, we all finished and went to the cousin's house again to play go-stop (Korean card game)- New year's day wouldn't be complete without go-stop.


Oh yeah have you checked out the website lookbook? It's pretty cool. People post their photos of what they wear on a day to day bases. When I enter the site, it makes me feel unfashionable and scared to post what I wear. I think Elizabeth would like the site. However it's a invite only thing; if you guys are interested give me your email so I can invite you.

2 comments:

  1. ddukgook! sometimes i just hate ddukgook. when it tastes like flour and water.

    downtown nashville..? what's it like?????? denver and nashville are those cities nobody knows about

    and lookbook.nu is another similar site that's invite free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all, it's pretty awesome how your family goes out to eat at NON korean restaurants. we always go to the same ones, if at all, and i HATE it!

    AND..i do like lookbook! i always go on their tumblr but not so much anymore. i started off with chictopia.com first and then i switched to lookbook because it was easier to find styles i liked. but now i don't look at either because i'm too lazy and forget HAHA. good luck!

    ReplyDelete