Jan 15, 2010

Penmanship

How important is penmanship to you?

Yesterday I found this pen on the floor in my Japanese class and go figure, it would be a cutesy Asian pen. I aimlessly grabbed it as class ended and put it in my bag without thinking anything of it. Later today as I was going through my bag I remembered the pen. I opened the lid and began using it, it was practically brand new! Lately, I've been writing in thin, fine point pen... I guess that explains my excitement over it.



I remember when I was younger I would obsess over how "neat" my handwriting was and if it wasn't perfect, I would rip the paper and start over. I specifically remember whenever we started learning cursive, the teacher would always tell me I was the best at it. Why was I so hung up on making my writing so presentable and perfect? Everyone would always criticize me how amazing my handwriting was for a boy. Now that I think about it, your style of writing says a lot about you, I guess my interest in typography started early.



Over the years I learned that my handwriting differentiate whatever my mood or atmosphere is. Does this apply to you as well?

4 comments:

  1. OH MAN im exactly the same...i will rip pages and pages out til the layout is perfect, or if i make a spelling mistake or have to use whiteout, i'd rip it out and redo it...its the WORST thing for me cos i love to procrastinate and there's nothing better for a procrastinator than to re-write my notes....

    oh and the niceness of my writing depends on the pen i use LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 is my dream handwriting!

    #3 is not human

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I feel definitely shows in my handwriting. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Soph LOL we think a like!

    @Vin #3 IS HUMAN!

    @marc Oh yeah for sure

    ReplyDelete