Jul 20, 2010

I've never

This summer is the worst. I've been doing absolutely nothing, rotting away at home just surfing the web or watching television. When did my life come to this?! Every second that I'm in the house gives me stress, especially the people inside it. Never did I think I would actually want to be at school and doing work.

After reading Stephen's post about how he wasn't sure about taking the job at the bar, it made me think about my time in college. At the end of high school I was so determined to adventure out, try different things, start fresh. Now that I've been in school for three years I can say that I've been reliving high school all over again. Sure I have more freedom in college, no one is there to tell me what to do, no irrelevant drama... but what else? what am I missing? and what am I missing out on?

Normal things that a college student probably experienced is something foreign to me. I can that I've never experienced those typical activities students take part in; all these years at school spent wasting on studying and projects.

I've:
Never been to a party
Never been tagged on a fb photo with me holding a red cup
Never been clubbing
Never been to a bar
Never ordered alcohol
Never drank alcohol
Never tried drugs
Never stayed up all night
Never stayed out all night
Never hooked up with someone
Never been to a school sporting even (minus two times)
Never hung out with friends just for the leisure
etc
etc
etc

Mind you that not everyone encounters this nor have tried this, I don't want to stereotype the student body but that's what majority of people experience. Sure, some things on the list I wouldn't actually want to do but at least when all is done and I move on to the next chapter of my life I don't want to have regrets.

This coming school year will be different. If I want to have a beer I'll do it. If I want to party till dawn I'll do it, and I'll do it with Stephen and Elizabeth's moto in mind- Live fast, die young.


fancy?

4 comments:

  1. HAHA oh those american red cups. totally want one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA
    simonnnnnn
    yo tambien man, yo tambien.
    drinking's interesting, but getting drunk isn't cool.
    and if anything, wouldnt you be proud that you've actually studied? and not truly wasted time like the majority of our peers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ralphie: You're right. I didn't mean necessarily getting drunk, but more like being adventurous and not tied down to a desk 24/7

    @Soph: You guys don't have those?????

    @Stephen: Haha, you know from experience huh? I guess being studious does has it perks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nike says it best. just do it.

    if you want.

    ReplyDelete